Saturday, July 7, 2007

Just had to share the Hollyhocks that are blooming in the garden. This is a short one but I have some by the back door that are approaching 7 1/2 feet tall! My dear husbands grandmother had hollyhocks by her back door and I always think of her when I see them. They are the definition of a cottage garden to me. Not much going on today. I have a lot to do but nothing amazing so I will just leave you with a few pictures of the garden for now and hope you have a peaceful and happy weekend!
Lilies by the fence.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Gorgeous flowers!!! And that matchbox and all the goodies is just beautiful! I bet it made your day! Cant wait to hear what you make with the goodies!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy,
    I'm so glad I found your blog today. It is absolutely beautiful. I love your hollyhocks. I have never been able to have luck growing them. Is there a secret?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only trick I know is that Hollyhocks are "heavy feeders". The best luck we ever had with them was when we planted some in front of the compost pile to mask the area, those babies must have reached 12 feet tall! So rich soil and lots of fertilizer are theorde of the day with Hollyhocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)