Monday, June 16, 2008

Layered Mocha Cheesecake

Ahhhh, school is out, and I am enjoying my first Monday morning of the summer with no work. How sweet it is. So, now is the time to share something else sweet. The recipe for the Mocha cheesecake bites that sweet hubby made for our open house. I can honestly tell you I saw peoples knees buckle when they bit into these. Yeah, seriously. I can't say I'm surprised, he's made my knees buckle for years, but I digress...
The recipe for this little beauty can be found here. The only difference is, for the bites, Earl made the recipe in a jelly roll pan.(I just spoke to him and he said to tell you he boosted the recipe by 20% or it wouldn't have filled the jelly roll pan) Layering the chocolate crumb crust, and then the chocolate cheesecake layer, topped by the mocha cheesecake layer. Smooth it all out. You may notice he lined the pan with wax paper so it would be easier to get the little squares out at the end.
When it is done baking, he cuts perfect little 1" squares using a large metal ruler that he uses only for this. (I don't have the patience to do this, I would freehand it, but he gets a better looking result). You get almost 200 squares out this recipe! Then he freezes the squares until they are very firm and then dunks the little squares in melted chocolate. He used semisweet chocolate with a bit of 60% dark chocolate mixed in (sorry Mrs.G). The dark chocolate flavor goes well with the mocha. Really, really well.


Then, he puts them on a foil lined sheet and sticks them back in the freezer. I am not sure this is a necessity, but we were dealing with a 90 degree day and didn't want them to be too squishy. I thought they were great frozen! I also thought they were great warm, Ok, I just thought they were great. I would have eaten them unbaked with a straw, but that's just me. People were still talking about these at the open house we attended last weekend. But no more cheesecake for me for a while, its back to the diet. I did some major damage the past week and its time to get serious. I'm off to clean my house and do a myriad of other things that I hope will enable me to get back to creating some fun things for etsy. Oh how good it is to be home!

22 comments:

  1. OMGosh! That looks like heaven! I'd even join you with the straw!!

    ((hugs)) Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lord, I think I gained 5lbs. just looking at them!
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness!! Thanks for this recipe!!! It's going in my COOKBOOK! We'll be giving it a try for this weekend's PROGRESSIVE DINNER with Church people. I'm sure we'll all love them!!!

    ~Blessings,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaaaaaaaathhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy, how in the world did you know mocha/chocolate is my absolute favorite-ist flavor. At Cold Stone Creamery I get coffee and chocolate ice cream mixed together with a dollop - or who am I kidding??!!, it's more like a tubful of fudge sauce thrown in just for the extra "HIGH" I get when it hits this tongue, lovely lady!! What??? Did I hear you say you'd fly right out here to Ideeeeho and deliver it personally?!?!? Ooooooh, be still my heart!!!!! ;-)
    Smoochies,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do believe a gained five pounds just reading this. Yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kathy, My knees are buckling just looking at these pictures!! OH, this is right up my alley! Chocolate and coffee flavors together is my FAVORITE of anything! I love the coffee lovers with hot fudge at Cold Stone Creamery, yum!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mouth is watering! Your little chocolate thingy bites looks scrumptious. I'm so glad that I can only look though. These would definetly go straight to my thighs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I will be right over with my mug of coffee. These look soooooooo good. Thanks for the recipe. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I will make these for our anniversary...Thanks...mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT BALLS OF FIRE...these look and sound so gooooood ! I just have to try this sometime. Thanks for sharing with us....
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow heavenly. I may have to try this for my daughters tea in honor of her new baby coming in August.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to wipe the drool off the keyboard before I could write this! Yummy~wish I could grab a bite!

    Michelle

    P.S. Thanks for the comment about my sis's painting .. she is busy with kids so painting has taken a back seat~too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, I see from the previous post that he is cute, now you say he bakes too??

    ReplyDelete
  14. O.K. Kathy, so your husband must be a chef? How many men actually take that much time and effort with dessert? You are so lucky, and the cheesecake bits look DELICIOUS! I'm going to try the recipe too! YUM, YUM, YUM! Thanks! And tell your husband "Thanks" too!
    xoxo
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kathy, they look and sound scrumptious....can I just come over and have Earl make me some?

    Happy Summer Vacation, my friend!
    xo
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUMMY! and DOUBLE YUMMY! What a special treat this is! Thanks so much for sharing it with us al, Kathy!

    Hugs, Pat

    PS Please come by my blog and enter my 100 post give away! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your husband sounds like a treasure not only for the way he makes delicious chocolate goodness, but also for the way he loves you and your beautiful children!!

    Lucky you!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. YUM! going to have to try this one..

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had the pleasure of trying these at the open house and they WERE knee buckeling little things!!! I am excited to try the recipe for myself. This might be a dangerous thing but I gotta do it! Thanks for sharing it with us all.It is "Heaven ON Earth" I tell You. Hugs, Jan@daylilylane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Kathy I stopped on in at the reccomendaion of Penny! And I am glad I did, Love those Men of ours! Love your site, I will be back! Have a wonderful Day ! Diana Lyn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)