Tuesday, December 3, 2013

25 Days of Christmas ~ Add a Little Glitter to it!

I have had these little cardboard houses stashed in my basement craft desk for years. You know how you get big ideas, and then things get busy, and then Christmas is over and it's just so over you can't even work up the gumption to finish those crafts?
Well I worked up the gumption.  I painted those babies and then I covered them in snowy micro glitter, because that's how I roll. Always. Pour a little glitter on it honey.
Now the thing you have to know is this, Earl considers glitter his nemesis.  He puts up with it because he loves me and, well, glitter runs through my veins. It is part of my soul. Sometimes I have glitter on my face even when I haven't been playing with it.  Love me, love my glitter.
Yesterday when I had finished these, Earl came out and looked at the paint and glitter spread all over the table. He looked at the little houses. He looked at me, (and smiled)...
And he said, "those are so cute, I don't even mind the glitter".
And then I kissed him, and he was glittered to :>)
Happy Birthday sweetheart!


16 comments:

  1. They are adorable! Reminds me of the expression "put a bird on it," which I am always willing to do! I'm glad that your darling loves you so much that he now enjoys the houses, too, glitter and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love glitter too. Loved that last paragraph. Not only was Earl's face glittered but so was his heart and every heart needs glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud when I read this. I could hear his voice in my head and it cracked me up. Craft herpes...now that is funny-and so true!

    Happy Birthday Earl! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are just darling! Everyone looks better with a little glitter on them! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable and the glitter is that finishing touch that makes them perfect. Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog, you're a sweetie pie :)
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little houses are just adorable Kathy! And your story so precious! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy B'Day to Earl.
    Your houses turned out so cute!
    And I forgot to tell you how much I like your holiday banner too, Kathy. So sweet and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are adorable and so is Earl. Hope he has a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love everything about this post! Especially Earl :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet! (I love the houses too:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's glitter love right there! The houses are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are so cute!! The glitter really looks like snow.

    Kathy, did you do your own blog design? I just love it and could really use a new look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are beautiful Kathy! Earl is a sweetheart...Happy Birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your little houses. I haven't been 'into' glitter - until recently - and then only 'tasteful' glitter. Yours are tastefully glittered, little houses, my friend.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty Kathy! My daughter said she could tell it was Christmas because I have glitter all over me :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love them. I love them so much I have the same two. I have the church glittered and hanging on a tree and the little house is sitting on my desk. But I have used totally different colors of paint, I think I like yours better. I also think I should probably stop commenting on every one of your posts now because I expect your mail has blown up because of me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)