Monday, December 7, 2015

A Little Christmas

Are you all ready for Christmas? I am getting there.  I've been a whirling dervish for the last month, what with Thanksgiving, (and a wonderful surprise visit from Lauren and Brian who live in PA and had told me they didn't think they could make it!) and preparing for a Women's ministry Christmas dinner that Earl and I put on Saturday night with the help of some great friends and volunteers.  Now I can concentrate on getting the house ready and a little shopping.
The sunlight coming through the kitchen window this morning was so beautiful. It has been cold and frosty in the mornings and in the 40's during the day. Perfect winter weather as far as I am concerned, but unusually warm for Michigan in December.
 I have been doing a little crafting in preparation for the Tidings Holiday House Walk I am participating in next week.  I have jars and jars of these beautiful MOP buttons and I wanted a way to use and enjoy them.  These button stars seemed like a great way to do both :)
 Earl has been doing a bit of making of his own.  While he was hunting this year at the family cabin, he cut some birch branches for me. Some will be used by him for various projects and he peeled the bark off one log. It came off in the most perfect sheet and we really wanted to use it for something beautiful.  He decided a lighted star would be just the thing and I happily agreed. I can't wait until it's done. Just a few finishing touches and you'll see the end result on the home tour!

I have been sneaking peeks of your decorations and some of the home tours going on right now between etsy orders and housework. So fun to see everyone's decorations!  So how are you doing? Are you ready?

12 comments:

  1. Those button stars are truly lovely. Off to pin...and swoon a bit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not ready! Life has been so busy with other things that had to be accomplished. This week is incredibly busy but I will be able to finish decorating and get things done in moments here and there. I can't wait to see more of your decorating. I love the birch star. My dear little mother has birch trees in her front yard - perhaps I should sneak over right now and strip the bark so I can make some projects, too!!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the button stars - and that beautiful birch bark star too! How on earth did you keep it from curling? I love the idea and we have plenty of birch to choose from. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birch bark is so lovely. I had three of the white birch trees in my garden in France and they always seemed to shine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still in the decorating stages here. I am almost done though. Love the sun streaming through the window, so pretty. That star is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the button covered stars, Kathy. So your kids showed up unexpectedly? How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the comment stays...yikes! Beautiful unique things going on here. What fun to have the kids arrive home after all! No, not ready.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the jars and the stars! So pretty! I'm NOT ready at all! :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful button stars! I should do something like that - I've got a ton of buttons! The bark star already looks great. I can't wait for your home tour:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those stars....and the jars too. I'm finishing up today, at least I hope. I wish Christmas lasted longer since by the time I get everything up i turn around and have to take everything down1

    ReplyDelete
  11. The birch star is stunning. A lovely post. Can't wait for the home tour. Here The Nutcracker has kicked into high gear...Our "Fritz" and "Chinese Dancer" are working hard and loving every minute. I love it all!
    http://doodlet.me/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kathy, well I lost my comment so starting over!~~~ Love your button stars. Such a great idea and way to use those gorgeous buttons. Love the birch star too. Great to read you are in Michigan. My home state too and I grew up in Dearborn, Michigan and all our family still live there. What a small world.
    Thanks for stopping by and your kind comment. Merry Christmas xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)